Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Festergut Down, Bugged Professor!

So the first day my ten man group went into ICC10, we cleared everything to Rotface but didn't get him down. When we went back in about 2 days ago, we 1 shot him. I was on cleansing duty of course, and dang it was kinda intense, but once the off tank got the kiting down it was a sinch. Getting to Festergut, I was kinda scared to be honest after the attempts we did on 25 man. In 25 man our tank was taking massive hits, even with two pally healers on him (even though I had to carry the other pally AHEM AHEM =p). Going into 10m Festergut with me, a shammy healer and a resto tree healer, i knew it was pretty much going to be all me on the tank atleast until he got to the point where he absorbed all the gas from the room and just swung for massive hits. We took all our attempts with me and one of the casters stacked on the melee and everyone else spread out for the vomiting crap. We did fine until he got to that phase where he just goes to down on the tank, and thats because I was just bombing holy light after holy light. Sure enough the tank got spank'd the first round. The second phase seemed to go identical to that. The third time around, i knew I had to do something different, and something that i should have been doing from the start. By no means do i think myself an awesome holy pally, and this is proof of that lol, but i went back and respec'd for Imp Lay on Hands for the damage reduction. I was already spec'd for Divine Sacrifice (and I intend to make a post soon about Holy/Prot vs Holy/Ret and Crit vs Haste vs MP5 and my thoughts of them), so when that hard phase came up, we blood lusted and i popped Divine Sacrifice, Lay on Hands, AND hand of sacrifice, giving off about 70% damage reduction i think? I believe the shaman also has some ancesteral something or other that gave reduction as well. On that attempt, we burned through him before we went through that phase again. It was wonderful! But the worst was yet to come....

Professor Putricide. That guy is an asshole. The fight in itself is simple when you think about the mechanics and how to do the fight. Actually performing is a whole different story though. We couldn't DPS the slimes fast enough due to the fact that the abom bugs out the slime if he slows it too early or something like that. We wasted all 10 attempts that night without getting PP past 60% so it was pretty fail, but atleast we learned the mechanics of the fight. Our 25m didn't even continue on the second day due to people not showing up so hopefully we will fix that this week. I want to get out of this trial phase and get some damn loot!

So please, do share your experiences, perferably as a holy pally but i'm up for any point of view, on these new fights =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment